Yes. We request that you hire at minimum a day-of coordinator. Unexpected things happen and a dedicated, professional coordinator or planner is prepared for this. If you have someone else in mind, let us know and we’ll work to approve that vendor.
We do have an outdoor area that will protect your guests from the elements. There is also an additional area that can be heated, if necessary.
We have plenty of electrical connections through the space, with no restrictions on the type of music. The venue is fairly secluded but please keep noise to a reasonable level. Music must end by 11:00pm.
Is it possible to start the setup the day before? How early can deliveries be made? How much time will I have for décor setup? Does the venue provide assistance getting gifts or décor back to a designated car, hotel room, etc. after the event has concluded? We prefer 7:00 am or later, if they want to setup the day before we would require a rental agreement that includes that date. You have as much time within that date as you need. We do not provide gift relocation assistance so we recommend having someone from your attendee list designated to handle that task. Items must be removed by the end of your rental time. Rentals for linens and china may arrive the day prior and we will coordinate directly with the rental company for pickup and delivery times.
- We will prepare a layout in AllSeated well before your event. Anything that would be attached to a wall must be approved beforehand, and due to the nature of our walls will likely be denied.
- Glitter, rice, confetti may NOT be used on the ground indoors or outdoors.
- Real flower petals may NOT be used indoors. Faux flower petals may NOT be used on the grounds outdoors.
- No sparklers, open flames or candles of any kind are permitted without explicit approval by the VENUE. (Candles are permitted if secured in an enclosed container.)
- Smoking or use of vapes of any kind is strictly prohibited on any area of the VENUE property, inside and outside.
Chatham’s weather can be unpredictable, as of this time we do not have a coat-check area. In our lobby area, we will provide a coat rack for individuals, it will not be supervised so we recommend not leaving valuables in your coat pockets.
We have 4 restrooms with multiple stalls. We also have private bathrooms attached to each meeting room.
Beacon Ridge is located in Pittsylvania County, VA in a secluded, rural setting on State Road 612. Thirty minutes from the Virginia – North Carolina border.
- 20 miles from Danville, VA
- 24 miles from Martinsville, VA
- 60 miles from Greensboro, NC
- Piedmont Triad International Airport – (GSO / KGSO). This airport is in Greensboro, NC and is 65 miles from Beacon Ridge Retreat Center.
- Raleigh Durham International Airport – (RDU). This airport is in Raleigh/Durham, NC and is 92 miles from Beacon Ridge Retreat Center.
- Lynchburg Regional Airport – (LYH). Regional carrier service is provided by American Eagle Airlines through Charlotte International Airport. This airport is in Lynchburg, VA and is 53 miles from Beacon Ridge Retreat Center.
- Danville Regional Airport – (DAN/KDAN). This is a general aviation airport and does not offer commercial air service. This airport is located 24 miles from Beacon Ridge Retreat Center.
- Danville station, also known as Danville Southern Railway Passenger Depot, is a historic train station in Danville, Virginia. It is currently served by Amtrak, the United States’ national passenger rail service, and is a stop on the Crescent line. This train station is located 20 miles from Beacon Ridge Retreat Center.
We currently do not offer overnight accommodations.
No in-house catering is provided. We do have a fully functional catering kitchen offering refrigeration, cooking and warming capabilities for an additional fee. We also offer outdoor grills for barbecues that may also be rented for an additional fee. We have a preferred caterer list, filled with different price points, and people we trust. Our preferred caterers understand the logistics of our catering kitchen. You may use someone else, we ask for their Certificate of Insurance, and that they sign our Zero Waste policy to help keep our venue an environmentally sustainable venue.
You may bring in your own wine or beer with a Special Use Permit from the State of VA. All alcohol must be served by your caterer or a bar service provider with liability insurance to do so.
At any time, if the VENUE staff deems alcohol consumption to be excessive, the staff has the authority to close down all alcohol service and/or evict inebriated guests from the premises.
An off-duty law enforcement officer is required to be present at Beacon Ridge Retreat Center when alcohol is to be served at an event unless this requirement is waived in writing by Beacon Ridge Retreat Center.